NRL 2020 TRIAL DATES
The full list of 2020 NRL trials has been locked in, with premiers Sydney Roosters to face English Super League Champions St Helens in the 2020 World Club Challenge and a number of regional venues to host matches.
The return of the NRL Nines in Perth, the All Stars game on the Gold Coast and the first trial featuring NRL teams in Papua New Guinea are other features on the schedule.
The Broncos play four trials over three weekends with the club’s reserve-grade roster to face Wynnum-Manly Seagulls on February 21 and the Central Queensland Capras on February 15 – the same weekend as the Nines. The senior players will face the Cowboys on February 22 and the Titans on February 29.
The Broncos are the only club to play more than two trials, while the Raiders, Eels, Rabbitohs and Sea Eagles play just one trial each.
The WCC match-up will pit the two champion teams at St Helens’ home ground, Totally Wicked Stadium, on Saturday, February 22 at 7.45pm local time (Sunday, February 23 at 6.45am AEDT).
The Roosters, competing as Eastern Suburbs Roosters, won the inaugural World Club Challenge played against St Helens in 1976.
Meanwhile, the Rabbitohs and Dragons will head to Mudgee on Saturday, February 29 for the latest instalment in their time honoured Charity Shield rivalry.
It will be the third time Glen Willow Stadium has hosted the annual pre-season game as part of a four-year partnership between Mid-Western Regional Council, the Rabbitohs and the Dragons.
The Sharks and Bulldogs will face off in an historic trial in Papua New Guinea a week prior to that on February 22.
The Port Moresby clash will be the first time two NRL clubs have played a trial in PNG, with Brisbane having already faced Intrust Super Cup side the PNG Hunters there previously.
NRL trial dates
All kick-offs listed as local time
- February 14: NRL Nines, HBF Park, Perth 4pm
- February 15: NRL Nines, HBF Park, Perth 10.15am
- February 15: Broncos v Capras, Rockhampton, 7pm
- February 21: Titans v Burleigh, Burleigh, 7pm
- February 21: Broncos v Wynnum, Wynnum Juniors, 7pm
- February 22: All Stars – men’s and women’s Indigenous v NZ Maori, Cbus Super Stadium, 7pm
- February 22: Knights v Dragons, Maitland, 5.30pm
- February 22: Cowboys v Broncos, Cairns, 7pm
- February 22: Sharks v Bulldogs, Port Moresby, 5pm
- February 22: Warriors v Storm, Palmerston North, 5pm
- February 22: Panthers v Wests Tigers, Penrith, 7pm
- February 22: St Helens v Roosters, Totally Wicked Stadium, 7.45pm
- February 29: Panthers v Eels, Panthers Stadium, 7pm
- February 29: Broncos v Titans, Redcliffe, 7pm
- February 29: Storm v Cowboys, TBA, 5.30pm
- February 29: Roosters v Knights, Central Coast Stadium, 7pm
- February 29: Bulldogs v Raiders, Port Macquarie, 7pm
- February 29: Rabbitohs v Dragons, Charity Shield, Mudgee , 7pm
- March 1: Warriors v Wests Tigers, Rotorua, 2pm
- March 1: Sharks v Sea Eagles, Netstrata Jubilee Stadium, 7pm
Story via NRL.com
Leave a Reply